Well, I've been a little delinquent on the blog lately. Last weekend my sisters (Kim and Jennifer) my new nephew, Brayden, and I travelled down to Grove City Pennsylvania to do some Christmas shopping. Man....the deals!!!!!! I was able to get most of my Christmas Shopping done....of course I need to double-check the list to be sure....and I may have gotten a few little early Christmas presents for myself too! :0)
Brayden turned out to be quite the little angelic shopper! He hung in there for a few hours of shopping on Sunday after a 5 hour trip down! Then he survived 10am-9pm on Monday!!! We did take a bit of a break but he was amazing!!! Jennifer became quite the expert at nursing and changing diapers in the back of the van. And Kim? Let's just say that my self-proclaimed "not much of a shopper" sister, was quite fully converted by the end of the trip! She left Jennifer and I in her dust!
Dave survived the two nights with me away. He would tell you he had the kids for 2 days....the truth is that both Grandmas were a HUGE help taking them much of Sun, Mon, AND Tues! He had it really rough!!!!
Now I've been doing laundry and catching up on things for the past few days. Sadly enough I had to make my way to the mall this morning to find something to wear for our Christmas work parties. We each have an ultra-fancy one and then we have a wedding in January so I'm hoping to find something nice to use for all three.
Anyway, I have to pick up the girls from the bus stop in a few minutes but I'll leave you with one little Lauren story to finish off with....
Last week Dave was tucking her into bed. She likes to play "games" at bedtime.....I spy, I'm thinking of....or giving her spelling words. That night she was playing "guess what I'm drawing on your back". So, Lauren draws a great big circle on Dave's back. "Ok, Daddy, guess."
"ummmm, a circle?"
"no"
"a ball?"
"no"
"a bowl?"
"no"
Dave continued to guess pretty much every circular shaped item he could think of....
"no"
"ok, Lauren, I give up".
"your bald spot!"
Gotta love her!
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a wonderful time too! Thanks for the fun and the help over the weekend. We will have to do it more often!
Love Jen
Well...I went shopping this week too! Yah, I went to the grocery store and the pharmacy! Woo Hoo!!Too bad you missed it, Kris! ;)
OK, so it was really crummy that I couldn't come with you guys. Next time!!!
Love the Lauren story! She is quite the comedian. Jay and I had a really good laugh about that one!
Post a Comment