Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


This was the first weekend that things started to feel like they were getting a little Christmas-y around here. It got colder. Much colder. And it's even snowing out there (finally!). Friday night we had our study group over from church. We've been looking at a study on how we're "better together", meaning that we're meant to do things together....worship together, serve together, share with one another, etc. It's been good.

Saturday we slept in!! The kids were up first but headed downstairs to watch Saturday morning cartoons. Then Dave got up to feed them breakfast. I planned on getting up but rolled over and slept another HOUR! aaaaahhhh, it was nice! Saturday afternoon the girls were off to gymnastics and then off to my friend Annemarie's. She's the brave woman who volunteered to watch our three along with her own three all on her own over night! Crazy! (Thank you, AM!!)
Dave and I got all spiffed up and went off to Dave's work party. My friend Natalie did a great job of my hair (Thank you, Natalie!!- I promise not to tell anyone about the big, red, blistering, burn mark on my forehead from the flat iron!!!).

The party was pretty good. Quite the fancy ta-doo. My favourite part of the whole evening was when this cute little 19 yr old co-op girl bee-lined over to Dave with her boyfriend. I'm apparently chopped liver because she totally ignored me but with a HUGE smile on her face introduced Dave to her date...."This is David Jonker, the SMARTEST person at Sybase!!!!".
Ummmmm, ok!! TOO FUNNY!! I got quite the chuckle out of it. I mean, I already knew he's the smartest person at Sybase, but it's nice to hear others say it. (I think she secretly has the hots for him!!!).

Today two of the three Emily's from our coffee group were baptized. CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS!!!! We're sooooo proud of them! Emily H. is 11 and even though they recently had a housefire and she lost EVERYTHING in her room....including all the special stuff she kept with her plan to be baptized! And Emily J. is only 8 and even though some may thing she's young she wanted to tell the world how much she loves Jesus!! After church we celebrated with them over coffee and Janice's shortbread cookies.....yummmm!

This afternoon we got our Christmas tree up and decorated. (THANK YOU DAVE!) Now I just need to arrange and rearrange the decorations the girls have put up, a little anal thing I do to make sure the tree is evenly decorated with decorations, and find my wreath for the front door....and write my Christmas cards.....and finish buying gifts.....and wrap the gifts....and.......

Well, it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

4 comments:

The McLellan Family said...

Kris you look really good! Every time I see you it looks like you've lost more weight. You are hot stuff. Dave you're not too bad either! :0)

Anonymous said...

okay...huge exageration on the big, red, blistering, burn mark on your forehead missy!!!!
Plus, the way you were wearing your hair nicely covered it..hee hee hee

Jenn and Jason said...

Wowee!! You guys look GREAT! Dave is a smart man...that's why he picked you, Kris!! :)

See you in a few weeks!

Kim said...

Krista,
Wow you look great!! 19 yo co-ed doesn't have a chance.