Friday, December 15, 2006

Our Inhouse Artists




Here are some lovely art projects that the girls have done this year.

This is Madelyn's naked mole rat that she created (Grade 3).

She did a big project on it and her "summary sentence" was "Naked mole rats are ugly, but I love them".







This is Rachel's first art project of the JK from September. The front of it is the next picture...lovely isn't it. Then I flipped it over (because it was kind of heavy) and asked her what this paper was on the back. Her response "Weeeelllllll, Mr. Eadie put that on because he said I used waaaaaaaay too much glue. And, Mr. Eadie.....weeeelllll, he wasn't very happy 'bout that."

She had a bit of a glue-complex after that. She would come home from school saying "guess what? we did a craft today, but we didn't use glue!!!!"





This is the front....it's a teeter-totter with me on one end and Madelyn, Lauren, and Rachel on the other end. Apparently not only has she forgotten that she has a dad, but my weigh loss has obviously gone unnoticed with her!









Here's Madelyn's naked mole rat in it's habitat.
















Here is a beautiful drawing Lauren (Gr. 1) did. Her teacher said it was one of the best in her class (and she's in a 1/2 split!!). Apparently it was really tough but she did a great job keeping the form of the circles and keeping up with the dark crayon marks.

Beautiful!






Well, I'm off to Rachel's Christmas Open House.....so perhaps I'll post some pics a little later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girls - your artwork is beautiful. Maddie...your naked mole rat looks just like one (way to go!) They really are an ugly creature though! Yuck! haha

Count down is on...only 9 more sleeps till Christmas Eve! Yippeee!

-Jen S.

Anonymous said...

You girls are sure wonderful artists.I thought they were all great pictures, but my very favourite is Laurens circles. I love circles. They remind me of bubbles. I'd love to crawl inside a bubble,and just float around, it would be so relaxing.

Jenn and Jason said...

Wow...you're all so talented!! I can't believe you're related to Uncle Jason...artistic flare must come from the Jonker side of the family!! Hee hee!