Thursday, October 12, 2006

Message from the Tooth Fairy

I'm just taking a break from studying. Sigh. Only 9 more days till my exam's over!

First off, if you could all take a moment to pray for Douglas (no, not my brother in law). He's a man in my church who has 4 young children and has found out just in the past few days that he has a cancerous tumour the size of a grapefruit in his stomach. Looking at my clock he would have probably just gotten out of surgery in the past few hours. Please pray that the tumour was contained and that the doctors were able to remove every last cell of it! I can't imagine what their family must be going through right now. Pray.
Madelyn was studying for a bible test for school tomorrow and one of the questions was, name the 4 consequences of the sin of man. Sickness and death was one of them. (Jennifer, unfortunately for you, pain in childbirth was another!). What a sad reminder of how much it sucks to have sin in our world.

Well, Lauren lost tooth number 3 today. She was VERY excited. And VERY determined to get that thing out!!! It was loose but still hanging on a few roots. So when she asked me to yank it out I gave it a hard yank. Nothing.....but blood! But she was determined!

"Pull again, mom!" so I did, just more blood. Then she tried. She twisted, pushed back, pulled forward, bit into an apple and nothing. Now, at this point, I'm thinking.....give it a day and it will be ready. Lauren's thinking......I gotta get this thing out so I can get my name on the big tooth chart at school and get my moula!!

"Pull again!" So I yank a good one and she says "OWWWWCH", gives me a dirty look and says... "one more time". That one did it. It was out. But Dave heard the roots rip from across the room! That kid is DETERMINED!! Too funny!

Then tonight she told me that she knows I'm the tooth fairy and she really wants to keep her tooth so could I just leave her tooth and still give her the money.

Gotta love that kid!!! She makes me laugh! Usually more than once!

Well, I'm off to finish watching ER and review a bit of my course stuff. Then it's off to bed.

Night all!

4 comments:

Jenn and Jason said...

That Lauren...she's a riot!!

I hope that studying went well (for both you and Maddie)!

The McLellan Family said...

Congratulations Lauren! She is too funny. I can't believe how many times she made you pull. Most kids would not b that determined. So did you let her keep the tooth?

Kim said...

Congrats Lauren. I'm sure you have a beautiful smile!!
Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Did you know, that if you leave a note under your pillow for the tooth fairy, saying you want to keep your tooth, she will still leave you money!